PDA

View Full Version : Will megs apc plus kill mold?

brandons
06-29-2014, 10:12 PM
I have a boat project that I am working on. I removed all the interior that was vinyl to be redone. I bought this boat and it had been neglected all winter. Mold was on all the vinyl and I would assume it is in the carpet as well. This is the type of carpet glued to the floor so using my myttee and 200 degree water would be a mistake I think. It looks like it will clean up fine but I want to be sure it is completely mold free before I put it back together. I have megs apc plus or Korkay korkrub to chose from. I am not opposed to buying something else but I need to work on it Tuesday so I would have to buy something local. I don't want to delaminate the carpet/glue so I am going to use cold water in the extractor. I may even use a hose and just use the vac on the mytee after I scrub the carpet.

Any words of wisdom?

Mike Phillips
06-30-2014, 08:47 AM
I don't think the Meguiar's APC or any APC will actually KILL mold spores. It will clean and remove them from their home but not completely kill them.

This question comes up from time to time as it relates to convertible tops on cars and the answer is always the safe approach....

Clean first using an approved cleaner for vinyl.

Clean second using a little bleach in water. This really is only for white convertible tops as the bleach could discolor pigmented fabrics.

I'm sure if you do some Googling you can find some products that are specific to what you want to do.

:)