View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
Mike Phillips

Default 24' Pro-Line Boat - Extreme Marine Makeover - Oxidation Removal

24' Pro-Line Boat - Extreme Marine Makeover - Oxidation Removal

We used Steve's boat for some new segments on Ship Shape TV and tonight we're going to finish the boat and then install new graphics.

Here's a few pictures from today's filming for Ship Shape TV. I'll start an actual "Pictures & Comments" thread for the full write-up plus all the before and after pictures. (This is just the sign-up thread)

Most people would look at this boat and think the black gel-coat is in pretty good shape?

Here's what it really looks like, you just need some light...

And here's some pictures from last night's project. Note that Steve and I washed the boat during the day using the Marine 31 Foam Gun some Marine 31 Wash & Wax with Carnauba

Step 1 - Compounding
First thing was to compound the gel-coat. For some of the guys, compounding oxidized gel-coat using wool pads with rotary buffers was new for them and I think one of the things they had the chance to learn was how to lean into the buffer a little to really do some chopping on the oxidation...

Joseph running a rotary buffer to remove oxidation...

This is how you lean into the buffer....

DeWALT 849X sans handle and grabbing the rubber overmold on the head of the unit and the pushing down hard...