Thread: New Boat
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
Fishgent

Default New Boat

Picked up my new bay boat this past spring, so as fall approaches i am starting to think about polishing, waxing, etc. I have gone through all the kits you have and the Captian's boat care kit seems to be the best options, but i am thinking that since i only have a few months on the boat, and i only trialer, there are a few other products that would be a better option.

Since the boat is washed every time it is removed from the water, i am thinking the all-in-ine wax and polish woud be a great choice.

I am also wondering what would be best for the non-skid - which happens to be a majority of the horizontal deck space.

I know some of you competitors market non-skid products. Also, what is best for cleaning live wells so there is not a residue left that kills the next bait put in the livewell? what product do you recommend for the storage areas and cleaning the windshield.

What i am leading to is a kit called the New Boat Kit with a new boat owners pamphlet on the how, when and wheres of detailing that answers general questions such as:

1. Do i need to use a polish each time i wax, or on a new boat?
2. Can i use a polish or compound on the lettering/artwork I installed on the side of the boat?
3. I got some of spray wax on my transducer, will it affect the fishfinder? If yes, what ishoudl i do to remove the wax?
4. How ofter shoudl i wax my boat (trailered vs. in water majority of time)?

these are just a few questions I quickly brainstormed, but i am sure you have heard them all.
Fishgent is offline   Reply With Quote