Thread: New Boat
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
Mike Phillips

Default Re: New Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishgent View Post

What i am leading to is a kit called the New Boat Kit with a new boat owners pamphlet on the how, when and wheres of detailing that answers general questions such as:

1. Do i need to use a polish each time i wax, or on a new boat?
No. Especially if you're using light cleaner/wax to clean the hull surface after it's been in the water. A good washing might do the job also but running a buffing pad over the surface cleaning and waxing at the same time ensures a clean and protected hull.

Quote:

2. Can i use a polish or compound on the lettering/artwork I installed on the side of the boat?
Not if it's vinyl graphics. If it's new you shouldn't need to polish or compound the graphics and just buff around them when working on the rest of the hull.

Quote:

3. I got some of spray wax on my transducer, will it affect the fish finder? If yes, what should i do to remove the wax?
You should be able to carefully wipe any wax residue off. What brand is it? Do you have a picture? What brand spray wax we're you using?

Quote:

4. How ofter should i wax my boat (trailered vs. in water majority of time)?
How often really depends upon how the boat is used and your expectations for how the boat looks and the condition you want to keep it in.

Great questions!