View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #7
Mike Phillips

Default Re: 1970 Sanger Flat Bottom V-Drive Drag - My First Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post

What size and power do you have in mind at this point? Trailerable I assume?
Yes, trailerable.

John Greviskis stopped by on Friday and offered to take me out next week in his CC to check it out, if I do I'll take some pictures and share on the forum.

My employer, Max has offered to take my wife Stacy and I out on his Aubury Brother's CC and I'd like to to that for sure. Max's Aulbury Brother's CC is really nice...

Stacy likes Jupiter boats, she's been out in a few of those. So for the next year we're going to try to go out in as many types of boats as possible so I really have a good idea what is going to be a good match for us.

Quote:

I love the picture of your 9 second run, the attitude of the boat is just perfect and the water conditions looked good too.
Just to note, in that picture that's me making a 12 second run, I think the bet I ever did was 11 seconds in the quarter. The 9 second run was when Rick Baker from Oregon raced the hull professionally.

I'm going to try to get a hold of Rick and see if I can't get some pictures of his "Trophy Room", which is just incredible. I've only been in it one time but it was completely filled with trophies and awards from when he raced this Sanger. He also custom built and fabricated all the running gear. It was very well set up so that when you jumped into the air it would literally fly level and land slightly nose up perfect for jambing down the throttle again.

I've been in a lot of drag boat and I've never been in one that flew as good as mine. That's why I always had the confidence to take it out and just nail it. Plus, every three years I would disassemble the entire boat and then re-assemble it just to make sure every bold and nylon lock nut was new, secure and in place. There's a reason for doing this too...

Quote:

In the past I used to go to the drag boat races at Marble Falls TX and other areas every year without fail. I got to see Eddie Hill crack the 200MPH barrier in The Texan which brought the crowd to their feet.
I love watching drag boat racing too and just hanging out at the races and checking out the boats and the boat engines. Even the tow vehicles are pretty nice.