View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 09:06 AM   #16
kinder car care

Default Re: Marine 31 Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandons View Post
Is that the lake country Purple wool pad you are using on your flex? Does the heavy cut cleaner wax have a longer work time then the heavy cut compound? I used the heavy cut compound with my dewalt 849x but wished it had a longer working time. I could barely get in 2 passes. The second pass there was not much product left. I did not try with my flex as I used that to polish. I need to get some of that cleaner wax!!!
No Brandon, I don't much care for the lake country wool pads especialy for something as oxidized as this houseboat I've been working on. I'm going to try them out again at a later date but for now not to happy or impressd with them.

I've been doing all my work now with the Lake Country LC-41-005 7.5 Twisted Wool Cutting Pads. Keeping clean with a spur and my grit guard pad washer. Work a small area using a pencil size line or two on high speed and often times apply another line before finished and then spur after ever section. Have had no gum-up issue's with my wool pads and the HCCW and work a area about my shoulder width apart and go over about 4 to 5 section passes before wipe off and then check area before moving on.

Ran out of my oxidation cleaner last week and tried buff magic's cleaner on a section and wasn't to impressed with it but got half that area finished. When my bottle of oxidation cleaner came in I started at the far end and worked my way towards the buff magic area, when I met and overlaped I looked at the joinning of both products and you could certainly tell a much brighter, cleaner looking white gel coat from the Marine 31 oxidation cleaner.

Get you a bottle of the Oxidation Cleaner to have on hand for those tough oxidized gel coats and to really bring out the true color of gel coat, I would have been in trouble if not for having a bottle. Great stuff!