View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #7
ScarabEpic22

Default Re: My first boat I ever detailed

I've been taking lots of pics Daniel, doing this after work and on the weekends between other things so uploading pics from the camera are taking a back seat! Usually starting after work ~5:30 working til 9pm (dark). Definitely not the fastest way, but with my schedule and my dad's it's the best we've got.

It's become very apparent I need to wetsand the boat to get rid of a lot of medium/deep scrathes but it's just not going to happen anytime soon. My dad and I are happy with the results so far just getting all the oxidation out of the gelcoat, wet sanding might be next year.

Starting with 3 passes of HCOC with Lake Country wool pads on my Dewalt 749X ~1200-1400rpm. Going to finish up the last bit of it tonight, then hopefully get started on the Gel Coat Gloss & Color Restorer w/Lake Country Orange foam pad.

My Plan:
Dewalt 749X

1. 3 passes Heavy Cut Oxidation Cleaner, Lake Country wool pads, ~1200-1400rpm [<2hrs work left]
2. 1 pass Gel Coat Gloss & Color Restorer,Lake Country Orange foam pad, unsure on speed right now
3. 1 pass Gel Coat Final Step Polish,Lake Country White foam pad, unsure on speed right now
4. 1 pass Wax & Sealant, Lake Country Blue foam pad, unsure on speed right now

(Sorry for the thread hijack! I'll start my own once I get a little more time. )