View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 12:18 PM   #6
Mike Phillips

Default Re: Removing Captain's Boat Coating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venture Ho! View Post
Thanks again, Mike.

I have a couple of the Lake Country blue Hybrid pads (6.5" and 3"), so I'll go ahead and order a few more.

Just to make sure - I should use these with a DA polisher (I have a Griot’s 6"), and not a rotary (like I use with the wool pads)?? How does the Griot's compare to the FLEX 3401?

Thanks,
--Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Last week I was at SEMA and I'm just today returning to work.

It's possible the Griot's will be able to maintain pad rotation with the LC blue Hybrid pads as it has a lot of power.

As for the difference between the Griot's polishers, (all of them), and the FLEX 3401?

The Griot's are all FREE SPINNING orbital polishers.

The FLEX 3401 is a GEAR DRIVEN orbital polisher.

So it's comparing apples to oranges. You CANNOT stop the pad from spinning or oscillating with a FLEX 3401. Impossible.

So that's the difference and that's why all the way through my boat detailing book I strongly recommend anyone detailing boats for money of for the value of their own time get a FLEX 3401 - it's simply the best boat buffer on the market.

This is alway why I featured it on the cover of my boat book and not any of the other tool options on the market.

How To Detail Boats With Marine 31 by Mike Phillips