View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 11:01 AM   #6
kinder car care

Default Re: My first boat I ever detailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
Ive used some Megs stuff in the past when helping my dad, but I think he did it was a POS generic 10" orbital. But we did it yearly, so the boat stayed looking pretty good. Fast forward to ~2006-7 and I used more Megs products to do my parent's new boat with a PC 7424xp which worked well.

The old boat is my current project, it's been neglected for the past ~6+ years due to the motor not running properly then blowing and the fixing process. Bought a DeWalt 849X and Marine 31 supplies with Lake Country pads so it's coming back to life now! Taking a lot of hours (expected), cant wait to see it when it's completely done. Lets just say the pics I have after just a wool pad and M31 Heavy Duty Oxidation Cleaner are 100x better than before (post them in a thread once I get it all done). And I havent even done the medium cut/final step polish/wax+sealant yet!
to Marine31 Erik

Hey Erik would love to see some pics of your project and the out come you've got to so far, would be a great start and we all on here learn something new from each other and maybe new and better ways or idea's. I've picked up several ideal's and a couple new techniques and bettered my work.

How do you like the Heavy Cut Oxidation Cleaner? It took me really a couple 10 hour days to get used to it but now I love it! Ran out of a 32 oz. bottle on that houseboat and the panic set in! Went to the closest marina that had some name brand boat compound (190+ mile round trip) just so I could keep compounding and moving along until my HCOC bottle got here. Funny thing is this other compound did a pretty good job I thought, until I met up to where I stopped with it with my HCOC. I had to go back over that whole section area that the other guys compound did because in the right angle looking up at it, you could clearly tell a difference in the two products. I was not a happy camper that day!

Anyway glad your on here and making some great improvement with Marine 31 products, would love to see some pics of what you have so far.