View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 09:11 PM   #1
route66detail

Default My Pads... Is it me?

Hey guys its Rob (Route 66 Mobile Detail) again. I hope you have all had a great weekend. I had drill (with the Navy Reserves working on the Boeing 737) this weekend so my weekend was pretty jammed up.
I have a question about my pads. So far I've detailed 2 vehicles with the white pads. (One for each vehicle). I'm concerned about the condition of the pads as I progressed with the jobs.
As I was towards the end of the process (one step cleaner wax XMT 360), I noticed the pads were looking a bit darkish. You could see the pink spots where I placed the pea sized dabs of product after I of course PRIMED the pads. BUT....throughout the pad otherwise.... there seems to be darker (grayish) something going on all over the pads. Ill put a picture on here asap.
I'm curious as to what I've done wrong if anything. Have I completely botched the exterior cleaning to get these results on my pads? I thought I did a pretty good job cleaning the vehicle but I'm not naïve to think I may NOT have.

Anyone get these results on your pads after using them on a DA polisher? Please help. I couldn't help but feeling like a turd bag when I saw this.

Rob- Route 66 Mobile Detail