View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
Mike Phillips

Default Re: Cobalt 220 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by smykowski View Post
CCS pads worked great! Used the orange pads with the heavy-cut oxidation cleaner, white pads with the gel coat gloss & color restorer and final step polish, then applied wax with the blue pads. The results far exceeded my expectations, the hardest part was holding on to my DeWALT polisher with those big 7.5" pads.

Sounds good...

You're right about holding a rotary buffer with large pads... back in the old days about the only pads available were 10", 11" and 12" wool buffing pads and this would give you a really good work out.

I've always tried to exercise with swimming and weight training and also recommend to others the same thing especially if they're going to detail boats or cars as running a rotary buffer all day requires strong legs, back muscles and upper body strength.

In my detailing classes I tend to show the Flex PE14 with 6" and 7" pads as I know this combination is about as easy as it can get to learn to use a rotary buffer.

Now that all the hard work is done... maintaining will be a lot easier and a lot faster...