View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
mcderns

Default Re: Where should I start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Marine31 View Post

Just to make sure, you're positive the entire finish on both goats are gel-coat? That is no one has ever painted these hulls? Even just the topside?

Yup, 100% sure. My dad bought the Cheyenne brand new, and we are the 3rd owners of the Daytona and have had it for 15 years or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Marine31 View Post
Sometimes 3 steps are necessary.

Each step and its corresponding product is designed to improve the appearance of your gel coat. So yes, 3 steps are definitely necessary if the condition of your boat calls for it, and here's why:

Gel Coat Gloss & Color Restorer will remove moderate oxidation and surface staining, restoring the shine and luster to the underlying finish. Gel Coat Final Step Polish will further refine the surface, maximizing color and gloss while feeding the gel coat essential oils. Last, but certainly not least, Gel Coat Carnauba Wax + Sealant will lock in the shine while providing durable, long-lasting protection. All three products are essential for complete and proper gel coat restoration.

I think Mike will agree when I say....POST BEFORE AND AFTER SHOTS!
I think I am going to buy all 3 and do some test spots and see what works. I would hate to get started and have what I need on hand to do it right. I'll for sure try to remember to get some progress pics. Thanks for the help guys!
mcderns is offline   Reply With Quote