View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
Mike Phillips

Default Re: More steps usually equals better results...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
the results of that four step are definitely worth the extra work. that's a great finish.

And like a lot of projects, the pictures don't show you as well as being here in person just how nice the finish came out and how bad it was to start with.

Yancy and I are going to try to squeeze in a "before" video today and then Friday take the "after" video as I like to document all my projects for a host of reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shtexas View Post

I would end up regretting not doing the additional work once I had it in the water.

Ain't that the truth... tough decision as each time you go around a boat with a buffing step besides the buffing there's the wiping off of residue and all totaled together, doing 2, 3, and 4 steps to a boat is a lot of work.

That's why in the "Boat Detailing Industry", you don't see this type of work being done because most boat owners won't pay the kind of money it takes for both the time, professional quality products, and the talent to do it right the first time.

Of course... you always get what you pay for...

I always kept my boats "Boat Show Ready" but I've also only owned two boats and both were under 20' so my projects were a LOT easier than anyone with a boat longer than 20'.

I plan on buying a boat this time next year, not sure what type but probably a center console in the 20' range.