View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 11:44 AM   #23
Mike Phillips

Default Re: Help selecting a buffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magRT496 View Post

Ok so big update - I caved and bought the Flex 3401. This tool is fantastic. It really gave me some great results and saved a lot of time.
And this is why I featured it on the most valuable portion of any how-to book and that's on the front cover.

Quote:

I used an electrified wool pad and the captains one step compound and polish. The captains compound is really great stuff, and combined with the flex, made my 15 year old boat look damn near brand new.
And anyone that's read my book knows I strongly recommend this compound as it cuts great and finishes out like a polish and for most boat owns this is what they want and by cutting out the polishing step you save a lot of time.

Quote:

Also, the yellowish tint that I thought was a stain was actually from a decal the previous owner removed.

The captains compound actually blended it in pretty well and its a lot harder to see now.
And sometimes that's about all you can do without going nuts and sanding really deep into the gel-coat and even then it can be difficult to get 100% removed.