View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 05:13 AM   #1
simplicitymarine

Default A couple of end results

A couple of end results

If you are interested, I will start to take some 'before and after' photos of my jobs from now on.

For now, here are 'after' photos of some of my jobs this month, all of them have been still afloat in the local marinas; apologies for the poor camera phone photo quality. It has been tough going this month with temperatures down to zero overnight leaving frost and ice on the boats and pontoons until mid morning. This also means that it is not unusual for the water taps on the pontoon to be frozen, I sometimes need to take my own water supplies and try my hardest to avoid getting it on the pontoon so it doesn't freeze and cause more problems!

Because of waiting during the morning for the sun to melt the frost on the boats, I needed to work through until the last of the daylight each day.

You can just make out I have sunglasses on my head n the photo below, I wear the sunglasses for two reasons; firstly the sun is very low at this time of year and can be blinding in the early to late afternoon. Secondly, to me the finish always looks worse when viewed through tinted lenses and as my customers will mainly see their boat when wearing sunglasses, I want to make sure that I am seeing what they will see.

I did remove the algae that you can see in the rubbing strip after the photo was taken!

simplicitymarine is offline   Reply With Quote