View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 09:44 AM   #5
ksbguy

Default Re: Captain coating with uv 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Marine31 View Post
Is it hot outside as you're working with the coating? This product has a short working time but neither I nor Nick have heard of anyone having this type of experience with the UV50 boat coating.

As for the feel of this coating and even most coating, the surface will not feel slippery after application, this is normal.

I'm in the NE, it was about 80 degrees outside and the areas I was working on were in the shade and cool to the touch. I've tried this several times now and I get the same results applying it first thing in the morning when it's 70 degrees so it's not temperature related.

Are you guys applying this indoors in temperature controlled environments? I can't do that, the boat is too large...

I've tried it on gelcoat and on paint and the results are the same. If I don't wipe it off almost immediately it's very difficult to remove the excess/level out the coating.

I'm putting 3 - 4 drops and applying on a 1 square foot area and wiping off almost immediately. This is the only way I'm able to use it without a lot of work to remove the excess.

Can you make a quick video of you applying it?
ksbguy is offline   Reply With Quote