View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 03:16 PM   #7
Mike Phillips

Default Re: Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday, April 18th 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by karls View Post

Hey Mike any chance you could do a class up here in the Great Lakes! Specifically Lake Erie...

I would donate my boat as the project for the class!
Ha ha! I get a lot of offers like that!

While it's a great idea, there's a lot of logistics involved with holding an off-site class and I know, I've done a lot of them.

After setting up all the tools, sanding supplies, buffing pads, microfiber towels and products required for a class like this to keep everyone attending busy with something in their hands they can work with I'll take some pictures.

From experience, I think a lot of people will be surprised at how much "stuff" will be spread out among multiple 8" tables.

In order to do a class on location, all this same "stuff" must be shipped both to the location and then back home. There's also a projector and screen needed for the power point presentation as well as chairs and tables for people to sit in when they are not working on the boat.

Here's a picture someone took at last weekend's 10th Annual Detail Fest show to give you an idea.

My classes are a majority of hands-on working but there are power point presentations we go through as this is a real class.

In my life I find that you start with head knowledge and then back it up with hands-on experience.

Both are required for the best memory retention and learning.