View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #8
RTexasF

Default Re: 1970 Sanger Flat Bottom V-Drive Drag - My First Boat

BY ALL MEANS ride in and drive every brand you possibly can within the budget. There are a ton of center consoles available but some ride much wetter than others and by that I mean wetting the occupants in certain conditions. There are also some brands, Blue Wave comes to mind, that look like they would pound but ride smoother and drier than many deep V hulls do and are stingy on fuel. Construction is of VITAL importance.

I sold powerboats from 1984 to 2005 so I've been out of the loop for quite some time. The vast majority of that time was in fresh water rigs and limited in salt water rigs. With that in mind if I can offer any advice, assistance, or opinions please call on me. You have my email and I'll be happy to offer what I can. During those years I sold every outboard known to man. I saw which ones came in often for service and those that almost never came back for anything other than normal maintenance. I know which brands I would spend my money on and that's assuming you are even considering an outboard model, single or dual. It's obvious you have the tow vehicle angle covered.