View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 11:49 AM   #6
route66detail

Default Re: Advertising, Prospecting

Mike,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to give me your expert advice! Even in the beginning stages of business I can see how saying "YES" to everything... I could get lost and jaded in an aspect of the business that I am not fully intending to tap into. Its funny though, the customer of whom we performed our first gig has referred us to his neighbor. We will be detailing their vehicle shortly. We just have to keep our eye on the prize and not get away from our intent. I was in the car business for 13 years (sales and F/I manager) and "cherry picking" is a no... no... But in this business, agreed... If Im not carefull, we'll be knee deep in something we dont want to cater to.
Ive viewed your Youtube videos (several times) on detailing boats and RVs, and that has become our model to perform. We will use premium products and perfect our techniques as time goes on. Love the boars hair brush!
I'll surely look for Renny Doyles book. Thank You!
As for these forums... I have never felt so welcome and been given so much useful information on any venture Ive been involved. I've used the info on my first detail. I am on AGO as well under the same name of course.

Thanks again Mike! Your word are appreciated and we will use EVERY bit of your advice. We will be seeing you when we can at a Cars and Coffee, RV or Boat class.

Robert Cadiz- Route 66 Mobile Detail.