View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
kinder car care

Default Marine 31 Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax

Out at the marine I'm still working on that 72' houseboat but getting a lot of attention from some of the owners of the other houseboats. A great bunch of people! Have some come up and check out my work (It's a lot more like a full on paint correction on a badly neglected hard clear coat automotive paint) and asking what I charge for something like this.

I talk to them a little to get a feel for how they take care of there boat and what their expecting out of a detail and wanting. I then ask their permission to do a test spot and ask which houseboat is there's.

Right now the only washless rinse type of cleaner I've got and use for this is Meguiars Detailer Line D120 Glass Cleaner mixed a little stronger then the 10:1 on the gel coat and it seams to work fine for cleaning off for a test spot.

These pics here are of 2 test spots I did for a couple gentleman and used the Marine 31 Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax, Flex 3401, LC wool pad about 15lbs. pressure went over about 5 section passes because both boats weren't in all bad condition because of a little gloss at different angles but did have that chalky residue come off on my hand as I rubbed over it.