View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 04:34 PM   #4
Mike Phillips

Default Re: Aluminum Pontoon Boat - Before & After

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald J View Post

Being and old rookie... pontoon to mirror. Stage 3 or 4 . Sand up to 5000 ...now onto the buffing steps...

Ok I have been testing all the products in your book and the only question I have Mike is this:

After each buffing step the buffing pads are loaded with black sludge. Is there anyway to diminish or prevent this.

I clean the 50 50 wool pad with the rotating spur and it cleans just enough to continue.

Now with the new Cyclo and the last step to a mirror its really black.

I clean with the nylon brush as well as grabbing the pad with a microfiber towel and try to clean it a tad more. But the foam pads are still pretty black.

I am in the process of quoting a job and need to include material costs which I never need to do for car detailing.

Any suggestions are appreciated and welcomed.

Thanks

When it comes to the pads - the only fix I know of is to switch to clean dry pads, this means having plenty to draw from.

Sorry... I just don't know of a way to clean an "aluminum dirty pad" back to clean on-the-fly so it will now buff good and buff easy.

Switching to a clean, dry pad is the best solution and then at the end of the day wash your pads in a washing machine and be prepared to use extra detergent and then run something through the washing machine that's not important, like old terry cloth towels.