View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 10:05 PM   #3
ksbguy

Default Re: Captain coating with uv 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Marine31 View Post
It has a short working time, could have to do with being formulated for gel-coats specifically.

Try applying to a smaller area and only wait 30 seconds to give the section a wipe using a flat weave microfiber towel.

No go...

It dries very quickly. The only way I was able to somewhat use it is to do a very small area max 1 foot X 1 foot and wipe off with the microfiber as soon as I was done applying it. It is very difficult to remove if you wait after applying it back and forth and side to side. This was in a shaded panel on gelcoat close to sunset so the panel was cool. I had the same results trying it on the hood of the car...

The coating dries fast and I'm not able to hold the micro fiber on it to remove, it just bunches up the microfiber rag... Should the coating be wet when using the microfiber or is the idea to let it dry and buff off like a polymer or a wax?

Is this supposed to feel slippery like a waxed surface when finished? The only way I get that is to remove it immediately otherwise if I let it dry at all and buff it the surface feels grippy and never becomes slick like a waxed surface no matter how much I buff it by hand.

Any other thoughts?

Last edited by ksbguy; 08-30-2016 at 10:50 PM..
ksbguy is offline   Reply With Quote