Marine31 Online Forum
Welcome to the Marine 31 Forum.
Header

Marine 31 Forum » Boat Detailing » Boat Detailing 101 » Marine 31 new guy

Notices

Boat Detailing 101 This is a a general or catch-all forum group. If you don't know where to post it then post it here.

Marine 31 new guy
Old 09-03-2015, 11:20 AM   #1
slider67

Default Marine 31 new guy

hello,

i have a 50ft gibson that needs some shine, so i have ordered the makita kit and the porter cable kit plus extra pads and product, its gonna be my vacation project.

i havent started yet but wanted to give props to marine 31's customer service
they do a great job, the only thing left is for me to screw it up lol

Take Care
Tim
slider67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 04:37 PM   #2
Nick

Default Re: Marine 31 new guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider67 View Post
hello,

i have a 50ft gibson that needs some shine, so i have ordered the makita kit and the porter cable kit plus extra pads and product, its gonna be my vacation project.

i havent started yet but wanted to give props to marine 31's customer service
they do a great job, the only thing left is for me to screw it up lol

Take Care
Tim
Welcome Tim, and thank you for your business! If you have any questions when you receive the products you can either call us or create a thread here on the forum.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:31 PM   #3
Mike Phillips

Hi Tim,

Welcome to Marine31Online!

Old 09-08-2015, 06:25 PM   #4
slider67

OK so I've got started and things are going well, what should we use when we wash the boat so we don't take the wax off
Old 09-10-2015, 11:32 AM   #5
Mike Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider67 View Post

OK so I've got started and things are going well, what should we use when we wash the boat so we don't take the wax off

Here's a great maintenance wash for your business or your customer's to use...

Marine 31 Gel Coat Wash & Wax with Carnauba

Wax your boat as you wash it!

Marine 31 Gel Coat Wash & Wax with Carnauba is a high-sudsing, biodegradable shampoo that gently removes dirt, grime and soiling on your boat while leaving a protective layer of real Carnauba wax. Formulated to be tough on grime and safe for the environment, Marine 31 Gel Coat Wash & Wax with Carnauba gently cleans all gel coat surfaces while imparting a high-gloss, slick Carnauba finish.

Washing a boat is not as easy as washing a car which is why Captain Max - avid boating enthusiast and the man behind Marine 31 - said let’s make it easy by incorporating real Carnauba wax into a high-sudsing, easy-rinsing, environmentally-friendly boat wash. Marine 31 Gel Coat Wash & Wax with Carnauba was born and it exceeds all expectations set forth by Captain Max.

Marine 31 Gel Coat Wash & Wax with Carnauba is perfect for the boating enthusiast that would prefer to spend more time piloting their boat than maintaining it. By combining a synthetic detergent formula that features advanced biodegradable surfactants and real Carnauba wax, Marine 31 Gel Coat Wash & Wax with Carnauba cleans, shines and protects your boat in one simple step, enabling you to spend more time out on the open water and less time performing laborious cleaning tasks.

Marine 31 Gel Coat Wash & Wax with Carnauba is the solution to protect your boat against UV-induced fading and discoloration. Just by regularly washing your boat with Marine 31 Gel Coat Wash & Wax with Carnauba, you keep the gel coat protected with advanced UV inhibitors and real Carnauba wax. It’s that simple! What’s more, Marine 31 Gel Coat Wash & Wax with Carnauba is harbor safe, biodegradable and VOC compliant.

Tip from Captain Max: Few things make me happier than a clean, shiny boat. I’ve found that no other brush gets my boat cleaner faster than the Montana Original Boar’s Hair Wash Brush PLUS. This large brush is constructed of 100% boar’s hair bristles that safely lift, trap and wash dirt away from the surface. Add the telescopic handle for even easier washing. After I wash my boat I follow with a quick coat of Marine 31 Gel Coat Spray Wax Plus to further protect the finish against salt and UV rays. The added gloss and slickness is a bonus too!

Directions:

1. Add 1 ounce of shampoo into a bucket containing 3 gallons of water. For heavily soiled surfaces, added 2 ounces of shampoo per 3 gallons of water.

2. Activate foam by spraying a strong jet of water into the wash bucket.

3. Working one section at a time, wash the surface using a high-quality wash mitt or boar’s hair wash brush.

4. Continually rinse surface to avoid water spots.

5. Once entire boat is cleaned, towel dry using a high quality microfiber drying towel, like the Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave Drying Towel.

Made in USA

On Marine31.com

Marine 31 Gel Coat Wash & Wax with Carnauba - 32 ounce

Marine 31 Gel Coat Wash & Wax with Carnauba - 64 ounce

Marine 31 Gel Coat Wash & Wax with Carnauba - 128 ounce (1-gallon)

Old 09-30-2015, 11:17 AM   #6
slider67

Well with only sat. and sundays to work on the boat, im not done yet lol, of course 50ft is a lot of boat for one guy, gonna have to get a life vest for the bottles of product, was compounding the last part of the wave shear and when i stood up i bumped the bottle and watched it roll in the river ,

but i have a question, The maroon rub rail (goes all the way around and is about 6 to 7 inches wide) i tested a spot where there was some water spots and oxidation, 3 passes with compund and i could still see the spots, so it seems some damp sanding is in order.

i have the porter cable da i got from you guys, but what backing plate and sanding disk do you guys have for it, i got the makita from you guys also, but from what i read the da is the way to go for damp sanding

BTW people are very impressed with the way your products are working on a 1988 gibson houseboat.

Thanks
Again Tim