Marine31 Online Forum
Welcome to the Marine 31 Forum.
Header

Marine 31 Forum » Boat Detailing » Topside Detailing - Non-skid and molded surfaces plus smooth gel-coat surfaces » Black Streaks

Notices

Topside Detailing - Non-skid and molded surfaces plus smooth gel-coat surfaces Taking care of and detailing all the topside portions of the hull or watercraft

Black Streaks
Old 04-10-2015, 05:32 PM   #1
Searay33

Default Black Streaks

Does Marine31 make a product for cleaning black streaks from gel coat? I'm constantly battling black streaks on my hull sides. I've found a few products that work well for cleaning them, but they all seem to strip the wax. I'd love to find something that will remove the streaks but leave the wax.

Thanks.
Searay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:19 PM   #2
prkuhn

Default Re: Black Streaks

I'd love to also. Don't know of any but maybe you'llget answers here.
prkuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:09 PM   #3
Mike Phillips

Default Re: Black Streaks

No specific product for black streaks... sorry. At least not yet. We've thought about adding a black streak remover to the line but just to note, any liquid strong enough to remove black discoloration out of a porous gel-coat surface is going to remove the wax or sealant.

Our Marine 31 Gel Coat Spray Wax Plus has some light chemical cleaners in it and if used shortly after the black streaks appear it "may" be strong enough to remove the streaks and leave some gloss and protection behind.

Another option is to apply our light cleaning cleaner/wax the Marine 31 All-in-One Gel Coat Polish & Wax by hand or machine.

The chemical cleaners and diminishing abrasives in this product will remove the black streaks and leave the surface protected at the same time.

Last edited by Nick; 05-09-2015 at 03:29 PM..
Mike Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote