Marine31 Online Forum
Welcome to the Marine 31 Forum.
Header

Marine 31 Forum » Boat Detailing » Ask Mike Phillips your Boat Detailing Questions » Aluminum Pontoon Boat - Before & After

Notices

Ask Mike Phillips your Boat Detailing Questions If you have a question about detailing your boat with Marine 31 products or about something you saw on Ship Shape TV or in a video, please post your questions in this forum.

Aluminum Pontoon Boat - Before & After
Old 06-11-2015, 06:09 PM   #1
Mike Phillips

Default Aluminum Pontoon Boat - Before & After

Aluminum Pontoon Boat - Before & After

Before

After

2-day boat detailing class - August 22nd & 23rd

Old 06-12-2015, 12:45 PM   #2
antti@561detailing

Default Re: Aluminum Pontoon Boat - Before & After

Looking good, did you get feedback from owner?

And is the video also coming?

It was good experience to work on this boat.
antti@561detailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
Donald J

Being and old rookie... pontoon to mirror. Stage 3 or 4 . Sand up to 5000 ...now onto the buffing steps...Ok I have been testing all the products in your book and the only question I have Mike is this: After each buffing step the buffing pads are loaded with black sludge. Is there anyway to diminish or prevent this. I clean the 50 50 wool pad with the rotating spur and it cleans just enough to continue. Now with the new Cyclo and the last step to a mirror its really black. I clean with the nylon brush as well as grabbing the pad with a microfiber towel and try to clean it a tad more. But the foam pads are still pretty black. I am in the process of quoting a job and need to include material costs which I never need to do for car detailing. Any suggestions are appreciated and welcomed.
Thanks
Donald J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:34 PM   #4
Mike Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald J View Post

Being and old rookie... pontoon to mirror. Stage 3 or 4 . Sand up to 5000 ...now onto the buffing steps...

Ok I have been testing all the products in your book and the only question I have Mike is this:

After each buffing step the buffing pads are loaded with black sludge. Is there anyway to diminish or prevent this.

I clean the 50 50 wool pad with the rotating spur and it cleans just enough to continue.

Now with the new Cyclo and the last step to a mirror its really black.

I clean with the nylon brush as well as grabbing the pad with a microfiber towel and try to clean it a tad more. But the foam pads are still pretty black.

I am in the process of quoting a job and need to include material costs which I never need to do for car detailing.

Any suggestions are appreciated and welcomed.

Thanks

When it comes to the pads - the only fix I know of is to switch to clean dry pads, this means having plenty to draw from.

Sorry... I just don't know of a way to clean an "aluminum dirty pad" back to clean on-the-fly so it will now buff good and buff easy.

Switching to a clean, dry pad is the best solution and then at the end of the day wash your pads in a washing machine and be prepared to use extra detergent and then run something through the washing machine that's not important, like old terry cloth towels.