Marine31 Online Forum
Welcome to the Marine 31 Forum.
Header

Marine 31 Forum » Marine 31 Products - Made by boat people for boat people... » Marine 31 Product Reviews » Marine 31 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner - Review

Notices

Marine 31 Product Reviews Share your product reviews in this forum...

Marine 31 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner - Review
Old 09-30-2014, 10:52 PM   #1
Angus

Default Marine 31 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner - Review

For this review, I'm going to share my first experience using Marine 31 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner on my In-laws boat:

From Marine 31's product page for Marine 31 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner:

"Marine 31 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner is a concentrated marine cleaner that gently removes ground-in dirt, soiling, staining and light mildew from all marine fabric and vinyl surfaces. Marine 31 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner features an environmentally-friendly formula that is non-toxic and biodegradable. Marine 31 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner can safely be used to clean bimini tops, marine cushions, inflatable boats, seats, boat covers, sail covers and deck awnings."
After a summers worth of use, the wheel was due for a cleaning:

Close up:

Directions:

1. Rinse surface to remove loose dirt and grime.
2. Spray an even amount of product directly onto WET surface and lightly scrub with an approved brush or terry cloth towel.
3. For difficult stains, let product dwell for 20-30 seconds before agitating.
4. Rinse thoroughly and follow with appropriate Marine 31 vinyl or fabric protectant.
Armed with a bucket of clean water, I rinsed the wheel, then sprayed it down with Marine 31 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner, and wait ~30 seconds before agitating with a brush. The dirt/grime/light mildew came away with ease after only few moments work:

After:

After, top right spoke is clean - untouched upper left spoke is still dirty:

Nice! I quickly finish cleaning the wheel and move on.

Next I decide to try tackling a random mark on top of one of the seats:

Following the same steps as before: a quick rinse, followed by a few drops of M31 F&VC on the spot, 30 second dwell time, and then agitating with my finger:

After a minute or so of rubbing, the spot is gone:

I then make quick work of the 4-5 other black marks and call it a day. There's boating to do

Additional impressions:
I appreciate that Marine 31 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner has no noticeable odor, is made using an environmentally-friendly formula that is non-toxic AND biodegradable. A relativity small amount of Marine 31 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner made quick work of the areas I needed to clean.

For heavy mildew build up this isn't the product you want to use, Marine 31 Mildew Remover is. See my review for it and Marine 31 Mildew Guard here:

http://www.marine31online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189

Conclusion: For general fabric and vinyl care, Marine 31 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner is a very easy product to use. It cleaned exactly what I asked it to do without much effort on my part. Best of all it's made in the USA.

I hope this review was helpful. Please feel free to ask questions!
Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #2
Nick

Default Re: Marine 31 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner - Review

Excellent review Ian!
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #3
Angus

Default Re: Marine 31 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner - Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Marine31 View Post
Excellent review Ian!
Thanks, Nick! Those black spots were driving my in-laws nuts!! Marine 31 to the rescue
Angus is offline   Reply With Quote