Marine31 Online Forum
Welcome to the Marine 31 Forum.
Header

Marine 31 Forum » The Boat Yard » Off Topic » More Good News

Notices

Off Topic Open discussion about just about anything except politics and religion.

More Good News
Old 07-11-2014, 09:28 AM   #1
kinder car care

Default More Good News

Was working up on the top of the houseboat last night and a lady come over and said she has been trying to find me, she lost my business card I gave them.

This is the lady that owns the second houseboat in the pictures at the begining of this thread. She told me that she remembered about where I lived but forgot my house number, her and her husband drove out here looking for me last sunday.

Anyway I got that job! 2 houseboats and 4 vehicles lined up with a church bus I have to go look at this morning for my Gold Package & headlight restoration. Let's just hope it stay's this way.

Also just got my last order in from Marine 31 and got the wash bucket with grit guard, the dolly, the gamma seal lid, another 41-005 LC Wool Pad, marine 31 Gel Coat Wash & Wax and my 3rd Marine 31 T-shirt, Love these shirts! But as you can see it has the AG decal on it? anyhow, just wait for some Marine 31 decals to come out!

These Wash Bucket Systems with the gamma sealed lid and on the roll around wheel dollies are great, for anyone that's like me and use's a 2 bucket wash system and are tired of having to keep carring both buckets around the vehicle and now since I'm washing houseboats, that's the last thing I want to do. So now I'm going to have to save up and get me 2 more for auto's
Old 07-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
Mike Phillips

Default Re: More Good News

You're going to love the dolly and well everything...

We have Marine 31 decals, next time you place an order tell them you're a friend of Mikes and to include a couple of Marine 31 decals on the house.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:15 AM   #3
kinder car care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Marine31 View Post
You're going to love the dolly and well everything...

We have Marine 31 decals, next time you place an order tell them you're a friend of Mikes and to include a couple of Marine 31 decals on the house.

Thanks Buddy Appreciate that!

But now I have Bad News

I lost both boat details! The lady that come looking for me sunday,( test spot in second pic) I stoped by thier houseboat to make sure they got my business card I put on their door. Her husband ask me to come in, I knowed what was coming next! They started asking for a cheaper price and telling me that all they need is just the sides done because the front and backs are still shiny and don't need done. Same thing another gentlemen told me about 2 weeks earlier.

Now, the gentlemen's boat in the 1st pic. I seen him as I was going back to the houseboat to get the rest of my stuff, (finished it up at 4:15 today) and had a feeling something wasn't going to be good as they (him and his wife was walking about 100' or so in front of me) said howdy to him and his wife and ask when would be a good time to start on his boat, if he was still interested? (his wife wouldn't look at me and he was stumbling to find the words) I kindly said that's fine you have my number when your interested. Oh Well, you win some and you loose some!

Sorry I'm just venting off, but Mike I do have a question for you! What about DP-200 Detailer's Paint Coating for a Gel Coat Boat?

If 4oz. bottle will do 10-15 full size vehicles and have 2 years protection from the elements.rain,dirt and slick to the touch wouldn't that be great for Gel Coat Boats since it also will have a highly reflective, glass like shine, and it would be safe to say I would need 2 bottles?

But more importantly will it be able to crosslink or bond to the Gel Coat, and keep that chalky residue from forming?

Getting ready to make a purchase for enough to do a houseboat and would like your thoughts on this and/or your recommendation on what you would do or use.

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2014, 08:08 AM   #4
Mike Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinder car care View Post

Sorry I'm just venting off, but Mike I do have a question for you! What about DP-200 Detailer's Paint Coating for a Gel Coat Boat?

But more importantly will it be able to crosslink or bond to the Gel Coat, and keep that chalky residue from forming?

That's a good question and I'll have to check for a good answer.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:41 AM   #5
kinder car care

Here's what I did with my small decal, love it. Perfect size, have my larger one put up until I get me a black 5 gal. bucket and dolly or just save.

Do you know what Part #'s these deacals are so I could order a couple 2 or 3 of each size?

Old 07-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #6
Mike Phillips

Quote:

Do you know what Part #'s these deacals are so I could order a couple 2 or 3 of each size?

Off hand I don't know but I'll find out.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:03 PM   #7
ScarabEpic22

Mike-
Tossing an idea out there. Would having some M31 decals like the one on the spray bottle BUT have a small white box where you could write a few letters to differentiate different products make sense?

I.e. have 1 sticker but then throw it on a spraybottle and be able to write "Spray Wax" or "Non-Skid". Drew up a quick hack in Paint (attached).

Might help the "shadetree" guys like me keep their spray bottles organized!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10434270_315873908581942_5720701287226118389_n_erik.jpg (70.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #8
kinder car care

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
Mike-
Tossing an idea out there. Would having some M31 decals like the one on the spray bottle BUT have a small white box where you could write a few letters to differentiate different products make sense?

I.e. have 1 sticker but then throw it on a spraybottle and be able to write "Spray Wax" or "Non-Skid". Drew up a quick hack in Paint (attached).

Good Idea!

I'm sure though they are thinking about things to add to the store, So what about adding a section to the forum or a sticky with ideals that we all could mention from time to time?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:23 AM   #9
Mike Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
Mike-

I like the idea.

I think there might actually be some laws and regulartions surrounding this topic that involve OSHA but I'm not sure.

I'll pass your idea on though...

Old 07-22-2014, 10:25 AM   #10
Mike Phillips

Quote:
Good Idea!

I'm sure though they are thinking about things to add to the store, So what about adding a section to the forum or a sticky with ideals that we all could mention from time to time?

The Off Topic forum group is okay for this kind of thing as it's a catch-all type forum group...

Off Topic