Marine31 Online Forum
Welcome to the Marine 31 Forum.
Header

Marine 31 Forum » Boat Detailing » Ask Mike Phillips your Boat Detailing Questions » Cleaning Foam Pads

Notices

Ask Mike Phillips your Boat Detailing Questions If you have a question about detailing your boat with Marine 31 products or about something you saw on Ship Shape TV or in a video, please post your questions in this forum.

Cleaning Foam Pads
Old 07-13-2014, 08:18 AM   #1
bbwhitejr@yahoo.com

Default Cleaning Foam Pads

Hi,
New to the forum. Recently purchased an '06 260 Sundancer that is in great shape, but as always can be improved. The boat was detailed this past spring, but not to my standards. I have purchased several Marine31 products including foam pads. My question is, How do I clean the pads once finished?

Many thanks!

Bennett
bbwhitejr@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:16 AM   #2
kinder car care

Default Re: Cleaning Foam Pads

to Marine 31 bb

FOR WOOL PADS

There's 3 ways to properly keep them cleaned, the 1st is by using a spur to clean after each section your working on. (Just turn over and rest on leg and turn on rotary or DA and use your spur to run over the wool fibers to fluff back up and remove all the spent product/or gummed compound/cleaners or cleaner/waxes) I spur for about 20 seconds or so, just depends on humidity and what I'm having to do and with what product. http://www.marine31.com/wool-pad-spur.html

The 2nd is my compressed air and a blow nozzle to help get all the spent product out and again to fluff up the wool fibers, I have a little small craftsman 1HP 3GAL horizontal compressor that works awesome just for this. Something like this but the older version. http://www.craftsman.com/craftsman-3...&blockType=G21

The last option and fantastic as well as the other 2 above is grit guards universal Pad washer or marine31 has the same as well. Use these after each side working on the house boats or if my wool pad get's to gummed up, also use these on a new wool pad to help remove all the loose fiber and even spur for a minute or two before first use. http://www.marine31.com/marine-31-pad-washer.html

FOR FOAM PADS...

1st one is to use a foam brush and brush off the spent product/s and dried product, or I also use these with the machine still on while on slow speed. Just a simple quick brush or two. http://www.marine31.com/padtool.html

2nd is cleaning your pad on the fly, this one is touchy until you get the hang of it but very effective and great. Here's a link with Mike showing you the proper way of using the brush and cleaning your pads on the fly. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ads-often.html

3rd one again is the pad washer, these things are fantastic for saving not only time but saving your pads from getting to much spent product as well as to much applied product in and on your pad/s causing premature pad failure and often times trouble with not letting the product work like they should if you have to much applied and/or spent product on the surface of the pad not letting the pad do it's job.

Hope I've helped
Old 12-03-2014, 07:05 PM   #3
G6millars

Default Cleaning services

Hi guys ,
I am new in this community and glad to have registered here ,
Guys i want to make my home clean that can not be done only by me as individual hands , My question is to you is what type of company i should to hire for cleaning and do you have any sort of special cleaning company that offers additional and good services in very affordable prices ?
G6millars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #4
Mike Phillips

Default Re: Cleaning services

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6millars View Post
Hi guys ,
I am new in this community and glad to have registered here ,
Guys i want to make my home clean that can not be done only by me as individual hands , My question is to you is what type of company i should to hire for cleaning and do you have any sort of special cleaning company that offers additional and good services in very affordable prices ?

When you say,

I want to make my home clean

Do you mean you live aboard your boat?