Marine31 Online Forum
Welcome to the Marine 31 Forum.
Header

Marine 31 Forum » Boat Detailing » Sunbrella - Canavas - Vinyl - Fabric - Uphostery » Cyclo Polisher = Cyclo Vinyl Scrubber

Notices

Sunbrella - Canavas - Vinyl - Fabric - Uphostery Cleaning, restoring and protecting all the various vinyl and cloth materials in and on your boat.

Cyclo Polisher = Cyclo Vinyl Scrubber
Old 08-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
Mike Phillips

Default Cyclo Polisher = Cyclo Vinyl Scrubber

Machine Scrubbing Vinyl

Photographing Dirty White Vinyl
It was a little tricky getting pictures that would show just how dirty the vinyl on this 1932 Ford Phaeton was but if you look closely I think you can see the dirt I loosened being rinsed off in these shots...

In these two shots, you can see the last 1/4 I have to clean.

After shooting the video I could see the sections I scrubbed by hand were not as bright and white as the sections I did by machine so I actually went back and re-scrubbed them for a uniform appearance.

Cleaning dirty vinyl tops and tonneau covers is hard, dirty work. The Cyclo polisher takes all the elbow grease out of the job and does a much better job than working by hand.

Here's a list of the products I used to restore a brilliant bright white to the dirty vinyl tonneau cover on this 1932 Ford Phaeton. You can use these same products on any vinyl detailing project, automotive or marine.

Cyclo Polisher Mark 5 Pro

Marine 31 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner

Marine 31 Vinyl Protectant with SunBlock

Carrand Deluxe Interior Brush

For more tips on car detailing in general, for example how to get a show car finish like I created on this 1932 Ford Phaeton, get a copy of my how-to book.

The Complete Guide to a Show Car Finish

:xyxthumbs:
Old 08-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
Mike Phillips

Default Re: Cyclo Polisher = Cyclo Vinyl Scrubber

To get an idea as to how dirty this vinyl tonneau was before I cleaned it, here's a picture that shows how dirty and stained the paint was.

Here's a section I've taped off on the cowel because me and one of our forum members already buffed out the hood when he stopped by to test out polishers.

On the left I've clayed the paint and then machine polished it twice and then applied a coat of wax. You can clearly see the left side is now a brighter color of yellow and the right hand side has what appears to be grayish film over the paint.

Here's the same picture above with graphics....

Think about it... the vinyl tonneau cover is exposed to the same dirt the paint is exposed to so it only makes sense that if the paint is dirty with embedded stains.. so is everything else on the car...

Old 08-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
Mike Phillips

Default Re: Cyclo Polisher = Cyclo Vinyl Scrubber

Here I've taken pictures 18 and 19 and added a couple of black lines to more clearly define the last remaining dirty section to show the before and and after difference.

Picture 18

Picture 19