Marine31 Online Forum
Welcome to the Marine 31 Forum.
Header

Marine 31 Forum » Boat Detailing » Metal Polishing » How To: Remove Fresh Water Spots On Metal

Notices

Metal Polishing How to remove oxidation and polish to perfection aluminum, stainless, brass, chrome, and copper surfaces.

How To: Remove Fresh Water Spots On Metal
Old 05-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
Nick

Default How To: Remove Fresh Water Spots On Metal

A couple weeks ago I polished the diamond plate fenders on Max's boat trailer to a brilliant, mirror-finish using Marine 31 Finish Cut Metal Restoring Polish - How To: Polish & Protect Metal.

At some point in the last two weeks, the diamond plate fenders developed water spots. After taking a quick look at the trailer, I discovered the water spots were only topical (above the surface), therefor polishing wouldn't be necessary. A regular quick detailer, however, wouldn't cut it. I needed something with a little more bite, and that product would be Marine 31 Gel Coat Wax & Shine Detail Spray.

Marine 31 Gel Coat Wax & Shine Detail Spray was formulated to safely remove fresh water spots, oil, film, and any other type of contaminants that plague a boat from everyday use. High lubricity cleaners remove foreign particles without scratching. Fortified with real carnauba wax, Marine 31 Gel Coat Wax & Shine Detail Spray renews existing protection while imparting a high-gloss, slick carnauba finish.

This is what the diamond plate fenders on the trailer looked like:

A few quick sprays of Marine 31 Gel Coat Wax & Shine Detail Spray and a Gold Plush Jr. is all it took to remove the water spots. Since Marine 31 Gel Coat Wax & Shine Detail Spray is formulated with real carnauba wax, it also boosted the shine and protection of the underlying coat of Marine 31 Gel Coat Carnauba Wax + Sealant that I applied after polishing the fenders.

Once again Max is a happy camper...err....boater. ;)

Marine 31 - Waxes, Cleaners & Polishes
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote