Marine31 Online Forum
Welcome to the Marine 31 Forum.
Header

Marine 31 Forum » Boat Detailing » Ask Mike Phillips your Boat Detailing Questions » 2-3 guys needed - Pontoon Boat Project - Tomorrow! (Wednesday)

Notices

Ask Mike Phillips your Boat Detailing Questions If you have a question about detailing your boat with Marine 31 products or about something you saw on Ship Shape TV or in a video, please post your questions in this forum.

2-3 guys needed - Pontoon Boat Project - Tomorrow! (Wednesday)
Old 05-19-2015, 05:48 PM   #1
Mike Phillips

Default 2-3 guys needed - Pontoon Boat Project - Tomorrow! (Wednesday)

2-3 guys needed - Pontoon Boat Project - Tomorrow! (Wednesday)

Start time is 8:00am, Wednesday May 20th

For all our regular Thursday night guys as I mentioned last week during the Bayliner wetsanding project, I might have a Pontoon boat here next week.

Well it's next week.

I knocked out one side but the other side still needs an extreme makeover. I did a lot of tool, pad and product testing and dialed-in a system that makes restoring neglected and oxidized aluminum Bubba-proof with just about any tool.

The other side still needs to be machine sanded and buffed. I'm going to start at 8:00am and work till she's finished.

My guess is by myself I can knock this project out in about 5 to 6 hours. With a 2 to 3 guys helping I think we can knock it out in 3 hours max.

Note: Buffing out aluminum a lot more work than buffing out a car so keep that in mind when volunteering. I've dialed-in a process that takes a LOT of the labor out of this type of work but still, you're going to be sanding and buffing.

If you want to be a part of this project please reply to this thread or shoot me an e-mail.

mike.phillips@autogeek.net

I'll be in the garage at 8:00am for anyone that wants to join in the fun...

Here's the before shot....

This my friends are what I call test spots....

This side is ready for the Sandbar!

Before

After

So it's just the other side of this Pontoon boat we have to tackle and with the system I've dialed-in it will go pretty fast.

Do wear work clothes as you tend to get dirty when sanding and buffing aluminum.

:xyxthumbs:
Old 05-20-2015, 05:46 PM   #2
Addicted2Bling

Default Re: 2-3 guys needed - Pontoon Boat Project - Tomorrow! (Wednesday)

I like what you did with those pontoons
Addicted2Bling is offline   Reply With Quote