Marine31 Online Forum
Welcome to the Marine 31 Forum.
Header

Marine 31 Forum » Marine 31 Products - Made by boat people for boat people... » Marine 31 Product Reviews » Marine 31 Metal Polish and Sealant-Not Just For Boats !!!

Notices

Marine 31 Product Reviews Share your product reviews in this forum...

Marine 31 Metal Polish and Sealant-Not Just For Boats !!!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
Pats300zx

Default Marine 31 Metal Polish and Sealant-Not Just For Boats !!!

Nick was gracious enough to send me out some of the the new Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Polish and Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Sealant to try after I got the chance to try some of the other Marine 31 line. I don't have a ton of stainless steel on my 1999 Chaparral 1830 other than some small hand rails and a boarding ladder. These are all already in great shape. So I was dying to try out these new products and decided to look around to try and find some stainless steel to try these new products out on. What better than my kitchen sink !!!!

Products

Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Polish is the perfect solution to dull, oxidized, tarnished metal surfaces on your boat. This medium-cut polish is designed to restore the shine and luster to uncoated aluminum, stainless steel and chrome with very little effort. Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Polish creates a highly reflective finish that can be seen from a distance. Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Polish is arguably the best boat metal polish available!

Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Sealant is a durable, acrylic based boat metal sealant that seals and protects stainless steel, aluminum and chrome surfaces. Treated surfaces will be well-protected against UV rays, salt degradation, bird droppings and other common contaminants that plague a boat’s metal surfaces from every day use. Designed to be applied to surfaces that are free of oxidation and rust, Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Sealant creates a highly reflective, protective coating that lasts up to 6 months!

Application

I applied the Stainless Steel Liquid Polish by hand with a terry cloth app and used about a dime sized amount for each sink. The polish can be applied by machine as well. I have super hard water in my house and always get calcium deposits and other crud etc. The M31 Liquid Polish cut through all of the stains etc on my sink. I buffed with a micro fiber towel.

I then applied the M31 Liquid Sealant with a foam applicator and let it sit for 5 minutes per the instructions. Removal with a micro fiber towel was a breeze and it left the metal super slick. The water beading was amazing. I mean to see water beading in your sink was pretty cool :lol2::lol2:

I am really looking forward to treating some of my hand rails and boat ladder on my boat to see how the sealant holds up in the marine environment.

Pics

Pats300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
Mike Phillips

Default Re: Marine 31 Metal Polish and Sealant-Not Just For Boats !!!

That looks really good Pat!

Stainless steel sinks tend to get all kinds of stains embedded onto them overtime and most people don't notice because it happens slowly over time.

Looks like brand new again!