Marine31 Online Forum
Welcome to the Marine 31 Forum.
Header

Marine 31 Forum » Boat Detailing Projects » Sign-up Boat Detailing Classes » Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday February 6th, 2016

Notices

Sign-up Boat Detailing Classes Learn how to detail boats

Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday February 6th, 2016
Old 05-11-2015, 12:10 PM   #1
Nick

Default Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday February 6th, 2016

Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday February 6th, 2016

Click HERE for more information and to sign up

Our next hands-on Boat Detailing Class will be held on February 6th, 2016.

If you plan to detail for money, this class is a must!

Learn the ins and outs of boat detailing from world-renowned detailing expert Mike Phillips! The Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class covers all the major aspects of boat care and detailing including
  • Personal safety
  • Proper washing order and techniques
  • Machine scrubbing molded in non-skid
  • Machine polishing Eisenglass to remove scratches, yellowing and oxidation
  • The four categories of boat condition and how to address each category
  • #1 New and like new
  • #2 Light oxidation
  • #3 Medium oxidation
  • #4 Heavy or severe oxidation
  • How and when to use a one-step cleaner/wax
  • How to use the Porter Cable for new and like new boats
  • How to use the Flex 3401 for light oxidation
  • How to use a rotary buffer to remove medium oxidation
  • How to hand sand and machine sand to remove severe oxidation, staining and deep water spots
  • Wet sanding to remove scuff marks and scratches from gel coat
  • Wet sanding to remove "ghosting" left after removing lettering and graphics
  • Canvas cleaning and protecting
  • Mildew removal & mildew prevention
  • Metal polishing and protection
And much, much more!

The Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class will give you the experience and knowledge to detail boats like a professional!

Boat detailing – where do I start?
Surely you’ve asked yourself that question, or else you wouldn’t be researching and reading about the best boat detailing classes in the first place. We have an answer for that question, and it’s the Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class.

Tools? You like tools?
Our one-day boat detailing class provides an in-depth look at boat detailing insdie and out. You'll gedt thorough instructions on how to properly machine sand a boat, remove sanding marks and oxidation with a high speed rotary polisher, machine-apply a wax using a dual action polisher, and more!

We'll go over how to use the Flex 3401 for production boat detailing.

You'll get to use the RUPES BigFoot 21 for creating a show car finish on black gel-coat boats.

We'll go over machine sanding using the Flex 3401 (that's right we're going to machine sand with the Flex 3401) and the Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher.

For sanding you'll learn how to use the Mirka Abralon Sanding Discs by machine and by hand. You'll also learn why it's smarter to machine sand heavily oxidized gel-coat boats versus compound with a rotary buffer.

Limited Class Size
The class size will be limited to give everyone an opportunity to ask questions and practice the techniques. The class will be held in the fully equipped Autogeek Show Car Garage located at our headquarters in Stuart, Florida.

These are intense hands-on classes!

Before

Water Spot Stains & Oxidation
Not only is the entire hull filled with holograms from the misuse of a rotary buffer, (the normal practice by most boat detailers), the gel-coat is also oxidized and covered with water spot stains.

After

When: February 6th, 2016
Time: 7:30am 4:00pm Eastern Time

Where:

Autogeek's Show Car Garage
7744 SW Jack James Drive
Stuart, FL 34997
Mapquest Driving Directions

What to bring: Bring a pen and paper to take notes if you like. All chemicals and tools will be provided.

Dress: Dress is casual, remember you're going to be washing a boat as well as detailing the boat inside and outside. Please don't wear Flip Flops or dress shoes of any kind. Wear work clothes like jeans, t-shirt and tennis shoes, the kind of clothes that you would wear when washing and detailing a boat.

We cannot emphasis enough that these are very HANDS-ON classes so get a good night's sleep the night before the class and be ready to learn and have fun!

Note: This will be the only boat detailing class for 2016.
The timing of this is right after the Stuart Boat Show and well before the boat season starts. This gives you time to take the class and then get your boat ready for summer. If you detail boats for money then attend this class and position yourself to dominate your market.

Our last boat detailing class filled up fast so mark your calendars and plan your schedules accordingly.

Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:10 PM   #2
Nick

Default Re: Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday February 6th, 2016

Here's a few pictures from our last class....

Comfortable air conditioned classroom and training garage....

Learn how to turn your polisher into a machine scrubber...

You never know who might stop by! John Greviskis from Ship Shape TV!

Hand sanding tools and techniques

Machine sanding tools and techniques...

Learn how to properly use powerful tools of the trade like the rotary buffer and the Flex 3401

Learn how to prep a gel-coat surface for a gel-coat coating instead of waxes and selaants....

How to seal vinyl surfaces with a coating...

How to seal and protect non-skid surfaces

This boat is ready to go fishing!

Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:36 AM   #3
route66detail

When is the next class? Rob C.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:50 PM   #4
Dapper Don

I have a question about these classes.

Are these boats already clean that you are just teaching fundamentals on or are these boats actually in use that have things on them that need correcting?

Dapper Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:51 PM   #5
Mike Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Don View Post

I have a question about these classes.

Are these boats already clean that you are just teaching fundamentals on or are these boats actually in use that have things on them that need correcting?

I only use boats that need real detailing work.

My history on any forum is a history where I fully document the before condition of the projects.

I prefer projects, be they boats or cars that are on the extreme side of damage as it's easier to capture the before pictures.

The black boat I had scheduled for the last class canceled on short notice. I was able to get the red to replace it.

It wasn't as in bad of condition as all the previous boats I've used in classes but it still had what I would call medium oxidation plus some detailer buffed it out and stopped after only using a wool pad on a rotary buffer.

So it had oxidation, water spots, stains and holograms. And we machine sanded it and then buffed it to perfection.

Good question.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:52 PM   #6
Mike Phillips

Quote:
Originally Posted by route66detail View Post
When is the next class? Rob C.

Probably next spring.

We always announce months ahead of time and if you join the Marine 31 Newsletter you'll be notified via e-mail.

Marine 31 Newsletter

Old 07-31-2015, 02:12 PM   #7
Dapper Don

This is unfortunate. As I wanted to attend the August class for my B-Day.

Dapper Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:43 PM   #8
route66detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Marine31 View Post

Probably next spring.

We always announce months ahead of time and if you join the Marine 31 Newsletter you'll be notified via e-mail.

Marine 31 Newsletter

Thanks Mike

Old 10-06-2015, 10:09 AM   #9
Mike Phillips

***Update***

This class is already filling up!

Boat Owners
If you're a do-it-yourselfer and no one touches your boat besides you then you need this class. Why? Because you'll learn exactly what to do and the order to do it so no wasted time, wasted steps or wasted money.

Most boat owners I meet fall into one of two categories.
Category 1
Boat owner hires a boat detailer and regrets it. Severe buyers remorse describes most people that hire someone else to detail their boat. Usually because of such shoddy work and horrible results. The most common comment I hear from boat owners after going through a bad experience with a boat detailer goes like this,

I could have done a better job myself

Fact is, after you take my class not only will you do a better job, if you do decide to hire a boat detailer you'll be able to judge and determine who knows what they are doing and who is simply another hack boat detailer. Either way, when you take this class you win. This class will be the best $300.00 you ever spent when it comes to owning your boat.

Category 2
Boat owner tries to detail their boat themselves. Nothing wrong with this in fact I'm a do-it-yourselfer. The thing is if you don't now what you're doing in a nut shell... you're spinning your wheels. If you don't know what tool to use, what pad to use, which compounds and polishes work and by work I mean do the job right the first time, then you're in for hours and hours of punishment with nothing but mediocre results.

Detailing a boat is really one of those projects where a little knowledge goes a long way. Plus the knowledge and skill you'll learn in this class will last you a lifetime. If you're a boat owner this class will be the least expensive investment with the highest returns in boat owning pleasure you'll ever make.
Boat Detailers
If you plan to detail boats for profit, then this class is a MUST. Here's the deal. Most boat detailers are still using antiquated products, tools and procedures. The results are every boat they detail is filled with HOLOGRAMS.

Not only is this a disservice to the boat owner but it ACCELERATES future oxidation by leaving the surface of the gel-coat more open due to increasing the total surface area of the hull PLUS leaving the surface scoured with millions of scratches.

At our boat detailing class I'll teach you the proper way to machine compound, polish and wax boat plus how to educate your customer as to why to choose you over the cheap guys.

Plus, you'll also learn how to turn down boat owners that won't pay for quality and go after smart boat owners that appreciate and will pay a fair price to have the job done right. Then you'll learn how to go after this segment of the boat owner market and build a profitable customer base instead of chasing after price shoppers that in the long run are always a waste of time. Let the hack boat detailers have the price shoppers.

Click here to register for this class before it fill up!

Old 02-02-2016, 04:06 PM   #10
Mike Phillips

***Bump***

Class starts this Saturday morning, I think Nick said it's sold out but you can call him to find out.

Get signed up today as this is the only class on the schedule for 2016. Call Nick to get signed up.

1-800-869-3011 x215