Marine31 Online Forum
Welcome to the Marine 31 Forum.
Header

Marine 31 Forum » Marine31 Welcome & Announcements » New Product Announcements » *NEW* Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax

Notices

New Product Announcements We're always introducing new innovative products to make detailing your boat easy and fun while saving you time and money!

*NEW* Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax
Old 07-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #1
Nick

Default *NEW* Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax

You talked and we listened! Introducing Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax - the best boat cleaner wax money can buy.

We have received an overwhelming amount of requests for a heavy cut cleaner wax since Marine 31 launched last March; needless to say we've been hard at work the last few months developing this product. With the new Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax, we've essentially eliminated the need for a two-step compound and wax for most applications.

Quote:
Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax is the perfect one-step solution for removing moderate to heavy oxidation and staining on gel coat – standard and painted. Formulated using advanced micro-abrasives, proprietary cleaning agents and nourishing oils, Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax maximizes color, gloss and surface smoothness while leaving a durable layer of high-gloss wax protection. Marine 31 Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax is exceptionally easy to apply and remove and its unique formula does not dust or cake up.

Developing what is now known as the best boat cleaner wax was no easy feat. The goal with Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax was to create a boat cleaner wax that doesn’t contain the big, chunky, sharp abrasives that, while effective at removing oxidation and surface staining, leave swirls and haze behind. Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax had to also contain nourishing oils to hydrate the gel coat and, more importantly, a durable wax built-in to protect the gel coat against UV rays, salt degradation and more. After months of testing and countless reformulations, Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax was born and it exceeds all expectations set forth by Captain Max!

Forget everything you know about a heavy duty boat cleaner wax and discover Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax, arguably the best boat cleaner wax money can buy! In one simple step, Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax removes oxidation and staining while leaving a glossy, durable layer of wax protection. This all-in-one boat cleaner wax will enable you to spend less time polishing and waxing and more time being out on the open water!
Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax is guaranteed to provide more cut and longer lasting protection than any other boat cleaner wax currently available. You can use it with a foam or wool pad on a dual action or rotary polisher.

Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax 16 oz.

Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax 32 oz.

Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax 64 oz.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
tropicsteve

Default Re: *NEW* Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax

now that's a great idea. the older i get, the better reduced steps in detailing look.
tropicsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
professionalpolishing

I just ordered this product yesterday, and I will have a review up next week!
professionalpolishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by professionalpolishing View Post
I just ordered this product yesterday, and I will have a review up next week!
Looking forward to it!
Old 01-08-2014, 10:59 PM   #5
professionalpolishing

Today I did my testing with Marine 31 Heavy Cut Cleaner Wax. The product was all you could want in a one step cut, polish and protect. I used my Griot's machine on speed 4 with the backing plate provided by them and a 6 inch lake country blue hybrid wool pad. Using an over lapping thatch pattern I did the usual 2x2 section with medium hand speed and pressure. After three passes the surface was back to a like new condition. As you can see all of the staining and oxidation is gone. The Rv I was working on was not heavily oxidized but one thing you run into in my industry of high volume Rv and Boat reconditioning is the need for good results in minimal time, and this did just that. I did notice that it was best to wipe off as you go instead of doing a large section and coming back, seeing as it was a harder to wipe off when left to dwell. This might have been because of weather it was cold Florida day. I will give and update on that when I have a chance to work with it in real Florida conditions. Any way I much prefer to wipe as I go just to make sure everything is being done properly. Over all I think this product is great and I look forward to further use and testing in a more high volume atmosphere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM00873.jpg (95.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg CAM00874.jpg (86.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg CAM00877.jpg (87.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg CAM00878.jpg (86.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 02-10-2014, 08:17 PM   #6
Interactive

I just ordered the Heavy Cut Cleaner Wax and think I may have ordered the wrong applicator. I ended up choosing this foam pad:

LC-WP-24650-X - 6.5 Inch Lake Country Waffle Pro Orange

My boat is about 14 years old but has been maintained reasonably well. It sits in the water year round and the bow gets sun much of the day so I always have a little oxidation to deal with in the spring. I like the idea of an all-in-one product if it really works so I have high hopes for this product.

I'm planning to apply with a Griots 6" DA.

Should I have gone with a wool pad, or the foamed wool pads instead?
Interactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:04 AM   #7
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactive View Post
I just ordered the Heavy Cut Cleaner Wax and think I may have ordered the wrong applicator. I ended up choosing this foam pad:

LC-WP-24650-X - 6.5 Inch Lake Country Waffle Pro Orange

My boat is about 14 years old but has been maintained reasonably well. It sits in the water year round and the bow gets sun much of the day so I always have a little oxidation to deal with in the spring. I like the idea of an all-in-one product if it really works so I have high hopes for this product.

I'm planning to apply with a Griots 6" DA.

Should I have gone with a wool pad, or the foamed wool pads instead?
If you have a little oxidation, the ORANGE Waffle Pad should do the trick. If the boat is chalky or dull (no shine), then you'll want to use a wool pad.

Try a test spot and see how that combination works for you. If you're happy with the results, then get to work! If not, then you'll want to order a couple of the 6.5 inch Foamed Wool pads.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #8
Interactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Marine31 View Post
If you have a little oxidation, the ORANGE Waffle Pad should do the trick. If the boat is chalky or dull (no shine), then you'll want to use a wool pad.

Try a test spot and see how that combination works for you. If you're happy with the results, then get to work! If not, then you'll want to order a couple of the 6.5 inch Foamed Wool pads.
Ahhh... the old "try it, and if it works, stick with it" advice. :-)

That's my plan since UPS just notified me the stuff should be here tomorrow. I'm planning to head to the boat this weekend to give it a whirl.

But for education purposes, why would I choose one (foam) over the other (wool)? Does it boil down to wool cuts better? If that's the case, then what tradeoff is there to using wool? In other words, why wouldn't I just use wool all the time?
Old 02-12-2014, 08:55 PM   #9
professionalpolishing

Wool cuts better but foam finishes better. The whole concept of a cleaner wax is to be able to do the job in one step. Purple foamed wool finishes really nice but I have had issues with pads coming apart. The blue foamed wool holds up really well but sometimes the finish isn't as nice.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:11 PM   #10
Interactive

I did a few test spots today with the orange pad on my Griots machine. I'm happy but I don't think I got the best results possible from my gelcoat.

I need help deciding if I should use the same product with a wool pad, or if I'm expecting too much from an AIO product.

The finish looked good, maybe even really good. But it didn't look quite as deep as I was hoping...maybe a look that can only be achieved through a multi step process??

I don't mind testing a few things before committing to an entire process. It's a 40' boat so whatever I do is going to take some time!!