Marine31 Online Forum
Welcome to the Marine 31 Forum.
Header

Marine 31 Forum » Marine 31 Products - Made by boat people for boat people... » Marine 31 Product Reviews » 1999 Yamaha GP1200 with Marine 31

Notices

Marine 31 Product Reviews Share your product reviews in this forum...

1999 Yamaha GP1200 with Marine 31
Old 06-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
Pats300zx

Default 1999 Yamaha GP1200 with Marine 31

This weekend I had the chance to give my 1999 Yamaha GP1200 waverunner some TLC. I have not had it in the water for the past two seasons and it has remained all wrapped up even during Hurricane Sandy. Needless to say I was a little worried as to what might await me once the covers were pulled off. To my surprise it was just some normal grime and crud. I still had some Marine 31 products that I needed to try so I thought this would be a great test case. I am pretty OCD when it comes to my waverunner. It is washed and detailed after ride and only has about 70 hours on it. It still looks showroom new after 13 years.

Process was:

Wash with Marine 31 Wash and Wax with Carnuaba via MF mitt
Polish with Marine 31 AIO Gel Coat Wax with PC and Sonus Green pad
LSP was Marine 31 Gel Coat Carnuaba Wax with Sealant
Wipe down with Marine 31 Gel Coat Spray Wax Plus
Trim dressed with Ultima UTTG
Vinyl treated with Marine 31 Vinyl Cleaner and Conditioner

Some of these products were already reviewed when I prepped my boat for the summer. The review can be found here.

http://www.marine31online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39

Products used:

Wash with Marine 31 Wash and Wax with Carnuaba

Marine 31 Gel Coat Wash & Wax with Carnauba is a high-sudsing, biodegradable shampoo that gently removes dirt, grime and soiling on your boat while leaving a protective layer of real carnauba wax. Formulated to be tough on grime and safe for the environment, Marine 31 Gel Coat Wash & Wax with Carnauba gently cleans all gel coat surfaces while imparting a high-gloss, slick carnauba finish.

Thoughts

I really liked this soap. I know that it is carnuaba based but it provided plenty of suds and smelled great. Cleaning ability was fantastic considering the amount of grime that accumulated on the ski. I plan on trying it on my boat with a boars hair brush as well.

Marine 31 Gel Coat Carnauba Wax + Sealant

Marine 31 Gel Coat Carnauba Wax + Sealant is designed to provide the utmost in surface protection for gel coat – standard and painted. Real carnauba wax fortified with advanced crystalline polymers locks out UV rays and prevents salt from degrading the underlying finish. Exceptionally easy to apply and remove, Marine 31 Gel Coat Carnauba Wax + Sealant creates a mirror-like finish that lasts.

Thoughts

I applied the Gel Coat Carnuaba Wax with a foam applicator. Application was very easy. I waited about 15 mins and removed with a short nap MF towel. Super easy to remove and left a great shine. I will see how durability it. I have always used Collonite 845 for all of my marine toys so I am interested to see how it compares.

Marine 31 Gel Coat Spray Wax Plus

Marine 31 Gel Coat Spray Wax Plus is an easy-to-use spray on boat wax that provides exceptional UV protection and a slick, high-gloss finish on your boat’s gel coat surfaces – standard and painted. Formulated using real carnauba wax and protective polymers, Marine 31 Gel Coat Spray Wax Plus provides the utmost in surface protection while only taking minutes to apply. Regular application will keep your boat looking new and protected against salt

Thoughts

I applied with a MF towel and found the spray wax to be very easy to use. No streaking at all and left a great shine. A very nice product !!!!!! It seems like it would be an excellent wax booster to the Gel Coat Carnuaba.

End Results

All of the Marine 31 products were super easy to use and gave fantastic results. I also noticed that the Marine 31 Odor Eliminator was still going strong on my boat. I pulled the interior covers off by boat this past weekend and could still smell the fresh scent
Pats300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
tropicsteve

Default Re: 1999 Yamaha GP1200 with Marine 31

very nice pat. great finish! looks like all the marine 31 products are working as advertised with excellent results.
tropicsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
Mike Phillips

Default Re: 1999 Yamaha GP1200 with Marine 31

Looks great Pat!

But most of all...

That thing looks BAD!